- 5 agricultural communities: Idan, Hatzeva, Ein Yahav, Tsofar, Paran.
- 1 community Center: Sapir
- 1 Eco-Tourism community: Zuqim
- Approximately 3,500 residents
The main source of livelihood in the Arava is derived from advanced agriculture. The cutting edge technology used in the Arava is at the forefront of agriculture in Israel and around the world.
The main crops are:
- Agriculture products: peppers, tomatoes, eggplant etc.
- Animal husbandry
- Plantations: Dates, Mango, Grapes
The Arava’s rural desert area, proximity to nature, communal values and its peripheral location have created a united, unique, involved and productive community.